The Cold War ignites when ‘80s era action toys come alive and wage war!
Bothell, Wash. – March 9, 2011 – One year after the release of the top selling Xbox LIVE Arcade game, Toy Soldiers, Signal Studios is announcing Toy Soldiers: Cold War.
Toy Soldiers: Cold War, the next installment in the Toy Soldiers franchise will be playable for the first time at PAX East, March 11th-13th in the Xbox LIVE Booth, number 850.
The Cold War ignites when ‘80s era action toys come alive and wage war! Toy Soldiers: Cold War delivers hours of intense combat combined with addictive action strategy gameplay. Superpowers collide in this playful homage to ’80s action toys and films. Command the powerful Cold War arsenals of the USA or USSR armies! Control base turrets, modern combat vehicles, fighter jets, attack helicopters, and commando action figures. Whether lighting up the Toy Box alone or jumping into the fray with your friends, battle in campaign, co-op, or competitive modes. Fight for the high score in the addictive mini-games, and while you’re at it, don’t forget to BLOW EVERYTHING UP!
Toy Soldiers: Cold War features:
- Fight the good fight! The Wall did not come down! Control the entire might of the Stars and Stripes to stop the invading forces of the Evil Empire! On land or in the air – drive, fly, and battle your way to victory!
- Highlights: Command the USA and USSR armies with brand new modern weapons and vehicles. Multiple Attack Barrages, Co-op or Single Player Campaign, improved Multiplayer Action, Co-op Survival Modes including Classic, Lockdown, and Hardcore, and fast-paced competitive Mini-Games!
- New Co-op Mode: Join forces with your friends and play on the couch or over Xbox LIVE in Campaign or Survival modes.
- Modern Drivable Units: Hulking battle tanks, fierce attack helicopters, explosive fighter jets, ATVs and more!
- Attack Barrages: Expanded barrage rewards, including First Person Special Forces soldiers, AC-130 gun ships, B-52 bombers, Artillery strikes and Nuke missiles.
- Intensely Addictive Mini-Games! Take a break from the main battle and compete with friends online to rack up the high score in playful mini-games. Hidden challenges in each level encourage replayability and reward player skill.
- New Secondary Turret Features: Grenade launchers, cluster bombs, scopes, missile locks, tactical vision, Overcharge Mode and more!
- Additional Unit Trees: Take down the enemy with WD-40 flame throwers, fireworks, and bug spray!
- Improved: Replayability is improved with Checkpoint Rewind; new and sophisticated driving physics; revamped dynamic destructible environments; new enemy wave behaviors and AI.
Toy Soldiers Update
Signal Studios thanks the over 500,000 players who have purchased Toy Soldiers on Xbox LIVE in less than a year.
Due to its overwhelming success, Signal Studios is pleased to announce the PC release of Toy Soldiers coming late spring/early summer 2011.
About Signal Studios
Signal Studios is a Seattle-area developer of video games and interactive software applications. Signal’s founders combine years of experience across all disciplines in the games industry, working as leads and developers together at some of the industry’s top studios and publishers. Signal is actively developing multiple projects across several platforms, using its proprietary engine and toolset, SigEngine™. Built from the ground up to facilitate today’s demanding content creation needs, SigEngine™ provides an extremely optimized and user-friendly production pipeline. www.signalstudios.net/sig
For more information and interview scheduling for press only: