Forums

Welcome to the official Signal Studios forums

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Stuck in The Tomb of Kadin

Okay so i have this major issue going on with this quest (and I'm probably the only one who has this issue), but here's what happened, and is still happening. I'm doing the quest where I have to go slay Kadin the Stalker, I've done everything so far captured all shrines and alters. And then I enter the tomb, I make my way through the tomb, killing off lots of enemies, and grabbing all the chest. And then comes the skull. I manage to reach it in without any interruptions by any one trying to steal any shrine or alter from me, and right after i pick up the skull, it happens...

Nothing... that's right nothing. I enter the area where I'm suppose to fight the Apex boss, but I am unable to move. There is no dialogue between me and the apex, nor is my god speaking to me. And the only thing I am able to do is just block, and press the dashboard button. At first i thought maybe its just a glitch or something else. So i exited the game, launched it again, but the same thing happens. Im just standing there watching others complete the quest, and to make things weird, the second time i entered the apex boss fight area the apex skull was gone, the first time it was there but now, its gone. Now I'm worried if this will effect me in any way when this bug is fixed (If its ever fixed i mean). Please if someone has the same issue please help report it.

I have the same exact problem.

Title: When I am warped to the Kadin Apex fight nothing happens and I can't move, just block.

Description: Any time I attempt to warp to the Kadin Apex fight my Caos loads in the zone but cannot move. I can look around and block. Other players are loading and moving around. No enemies load and no quest material loads.

Expected Results: The Apex should load and let me kill him. Then the quest should complete and let me advance to Arkan Moors.

Repro Steps: First time it happened--
    1. completed Mount Crimhorn with my first Caos
    2. started Ruined Cliffs and ascended.
    3. completed Ruined Cliffs
    4. completed Valley of the Dead (Killed the Titan, which I think is a problem itself)
    5. advanced through Ghostfang Widlands to the Tomb of Kadin and grabbed his skull.
    6. Warped to Apex fight and the error presented itself.

-------- further measures taken to bypass the error -------

• I rebooted my Xbox was continued game. I loaded in the Apex fight zone with the error in effect still.
    • I reloaded the game and continued from the Sanctum. Then had my god warp me to continue my quest. Same error occurred.
    • I waited til the next day for dungeon reset then tried through the Tomb of Kadin, same error.
    • Tried the god warp to quest again. same error.
    • I ascended my Caos and tried both of the above steps again. same error.

Repro Rate: eveytime I enter the Apex fight zone.

Notes: My first thought was that I screwed up by completing the Valley of the Dead and killing Kul before I started/completed Kadin and Dakrum. (Is that supposed to be possible?) Unless GhostTheKidHR did the same thing with Kul first, I can't think of any other actions I took to trigger this error.

GhostTheKidHR did you enter Valley of the Dead (Temple Gates) before you made it to the Tomb of Kadin? If I remember correctly that triggers a c/s that might have screwed with the quests sequence.
    Last edited by antinym; 11-04-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: fixed typo.

Unhappy The Second Apex- Stuck in place and can only block.

I've defeated the 1st Apex. So I've been doing my quests up to the point to where you grab the skull and the end of the dungeon, then warp to the boss battle for the Second Apex. At that screen, I too, can only use block. Also, I can also see other players battling the entire time. I can literally see the wolves outside of the grey area ready to come in for the 1st attach wave but they're stuck just like me. I've had this issue since Friday, November 1st.

I've tried:
    • Restarting the Xbox360
    • Restarting the game from home screen on Xbox 360
    • Started the game from the Sanctum and warped to the dungeon, going all the way through, grabbing the skull, and ended up with the exact same results.
    • Waited for the Dungeon to reset, ran the entire dungeon with the exact same results.

- I can say that I have NOT defeated the Titan I previously encountered earlier in the game. Kept questing and kind of never made my way back to him. Should I do so? I don't feel like that will change anything though...

- An earlier post I read said to re-install the game on my console. Has anyone tried this? I'm scared to lose my game data, though at this point it's not like it's worth anything right now considering I'm stuck in a catatonic state in the game.

Your character data should be stored server-side

I thought I read that your character data is stored server-side, so a re-install shouldn't delete your progress. On that same note, unless there is a problem with a file stored on our xboxs (the script that loads the boss, the Apex video, etc...) a re-install wont help. I'm re-installing anyways, about half-done. I'll update in a bit.

My theory about the Titan causing a problem is that the game should have a check or something when you warp to the Apex fight to see which Apexes remain. I was thinking if you've triggered the Valley of the Dead cutscene it could throw an error during the Apex check.

Unless Signalstudios says otherwise I'd recommend against killing the Titan before the Apexes. The storyline has linear elements to it (black fire blocking Arkan Moors for me atm until I kill Kadin,) which suggests at least sometime during development we were supposed to kill each Apex in order before fighting the Titan. If someone decided to remove the linear requirements during beta, there could still be code enforcing it that was never removed/disabled. (ie glitches waiting to happen.)

*update* -- reinstall complete and my Caos is there. I'm gonna head through the Tomb of Kadin again. I'll update when I'm done.
    *update 2* -- same problem. warped to the Apex fight and stuck. Re-install did not help.
    Last edited by antinym; 11-04-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Question Questioning Theory

Quote Originally Posted by antinym View Post
    My theory about the Titan causing a problem is that the game should have a check or something when you warp to the Apex fight to see which Apexes remain. I was thinking if you've triggered the Valley of the Dead cutscene it could throw an error during the Apex check.
    I'm not sure that's the case here Antinym. You may be right because i also triggered that cutscene in the Valley of the Dead, but like DonnieDarkBro said, He seems to be having the same problem as we are, but he hasn't killed the titan yet, and its happening to him. Still I am thinking that your theory could be correct, but because of what DonnieDarkBro brought up, that still leaves me into questioning.

This as been reported before

The portal should appear after you defeat the apex and smash the wolf skull. But if you had a invade or disconnection then this bug was happening.

go to the hand of kul, go up the stairs should be a portal. Walk thought the portal and it will take you to akan moons the next region. If there's no portal then make sure the wolf statue as smashed.

Just saw that you say you killed the Titan

you should off killed 4 apex first

If you are at the hand of kul with the quest marker stuck on a chest after killing kul then this is the end of the game. Soon they will be adding more regions to the story.

If you haven't killed 4 apex then you need to do what I said before

Thanks but already discussed

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Just saw that you say you killed the Titan

you should off killed 4 apex first

If you are at the hand of kul with the quest marker stuck on a chest after killing kul then this is the end of the game. Soon they will be adding more regions to the story.

If you haven't killed 4 apex then you need to do what I said before
    That's kind of impossible since there is no portal at the hand of kul, and i cant smash the skull because everytime i enter the area where i'm suppose to smash it, the bug always happens. And read the others post, one of them said he's having the same problem and he hasn't even killed the titan yet. That's why i'm still questioning this and hoping they would fix it. Plus he's the 3rd Apex i WAS about to fight i already defeated two, and he was about to be the third.

Quote Originally Posted by antinym;30274

[B
    Notes: [/B]My first thought was that I screwed up by completing the Valley of the Dead and killing Kul before I started/completed Kadin and Dakrum. (Is that supposed to be possible?)

How do you even get to Valley of the Dead before finishing the other zones?? Its supposed to be 'dark' until you finish the quests. if it was 'lit' then definitely I'd say something was glitched with your character profile. I'd contact Signal and see if they could resolve that.

Hope to clear up the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostTheKidHR View Post
    That's kind of impossible since there is no portal at the hand of kul, and i cant smash the skull because everytime i enter the area where i'm suppose to smash it, the bug always happens. And read the others post, one of them said he's having the same problem and he hasn't even killed the titan yet. That's why i'm still questioning this and hoping they would fix it. Plus he's the 3rd Apex i WAS about to fight i already defeated two, and he was about to be the third.
    So, here are a few things I've done in the game so far. I've only been playing this a few weeks so I'm not sure if I've done any of this in the right order.I thought I had been on a pretty good pace until I finally hit the current wall that has led me to this forum. And I really have no clue at what point in the game I'm at or should be at. I'm in the Ruined Cliffs - Ring of Bones. I'm in my third ascension in the game. I started dark and a-bombed at lvl 6, chose another dark chaos because I had no utter clue what I was doing. I ascended again at lvl 21 and chose a light chaos. From there I ascended at lvl 26 and chose a void chaos. And I'm currently a lvl 23 void chaos.

I would like to note that I just noticed my quest indicator under my map telling is now me that I need to go to Akron Moors. I have been playing in the Ruined Cliffs is only why I've just now noticed the difference. THAT could be why I've been getting the glitch.

But I also saved my game from the sanctum and exited because my In-Game Menu wasn't showing any information just now. So after I logged back in at the start menu for the same I chose continue (I just saved in the Sanctum) and it put me back into the apex boss area frozen again. So after like the 40th time of starting/exiting the game, I'm about to go try to do these quests under my mini map and see what happens. More than likely, I feel like I've been doing quests that I don't need to be doing or doing them in the wrong order.

-I would also like to note that when I was frozen my back button and start button did nothing. I know I said the only thing I could do to is block and had to use the Xbox Guide botton to just go to the Xbox Home page.
    Last edited by DonnieDarkBro; 11-04-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: grammar